14 October 2012

Booked!

AWW YEAAAH. So I've booked my flights to NYC this Christmas & New Years! The very first time I went to New York City at the tender age of 7 I remember thinking to myself "I'm going to live here one day".  Even as a kid I saw the potential of an amazing life on this buzzing little island they call the BIG APPLE. - I vividly remember sticking my head out our limo's sun roof, first trip to FAO Shwartz, (it was the biggest toy store in the world at the time) and adding about 10 new Beanie Babies to my already impressive collection. I have only fond memories of that trip, despite my father just passing away and my mother travelling all the way from Tokyo with 3 young kids and around 6 months pregnant with my youngest brother and moving us all to what would become my new hometown, Marbella. For some reason, mother dearest thought it would be awesome to hit a few destinations ie Hawaii, NYC before starting our new lives in Spain.

ANYWAY, since that first trip I have been fortunate enough to go back there on many occasions, mainly because my best friend in the world's father lives there and I somehow became the weird adopted sister who tagged along every time she went to visit him- nuts how he just put up with me like that. I also spent 3 months of my gap year there before coming to uni. MOREOVER my sister has just moved there to take her modelling career to the next level. SO I have put my pennies together so that this Christmas I can spend 10 whole days back in my second home with my sister and my best friend and her family (practically my family now too obvs). This is going to be the BEST.CHRISTMAS.EVER. I am so excited :-) 


My bestie and I - Christmas 2004

My favourite spot in all of NYC... there is this special little spot on the East side of the reservoir in Central Park which overlooks the West side. I took this around May 2010 (spring time there is simply incredible) yes, it really looked this beautiful.

So yeah, thought this was an important piece of news I had to tell all my followers (yes, all 3 of you).

Hope you have had a nice weekend! I know I did, I spent it in London and saw my London & Marbella friends and my brother! I think it was a successful weekend indeed. Off to do some laundry, how glamorous. I'm outty! X

No comments:

Post a Comment