25 October 2012

Cake fail

So a few days ago the internet got cut off at our house (still down now) we were bored and my housemate asked me to make her a cake. Since we had no internet to look up recipes on I was being spontaneous and started throwing the following things into a bowl:
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup self raising flour
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons greek yogurt
  • Juice of half an orange + its zest
We also have a gas oven which makes baking incredibly hard because we still haven't bothered to buy an oven thermometer to know the exact temperature of the oven. 

Anyway, it actually tasted delicious, nice and orangey BUT the texture was a total fail. I also think I shouldn't have used yogurt as heavy as full fat greek LOL. Oh well I'll know better next time!

Check out my cake fail below.


Then a few days later it was my housemates birthday and she wanted a lemon drizzle cake. Now that baby came out spectacularly (thank god!) Such a simple recipe and it was so so nice!

  • 100g butter
  • 150g self raising flour
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • 150g sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • Zest of half a lemon
Then for the drizzle:
  • juice of 1 lemon (heat up in microwave for 30 secs) 
  • 4 tablespoons of icing sugar
When you take the cake out of the oven poke holes into it and drizzle with the lemon juice while it is still hot for optimum result!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEIS!




No comments:

Post a Comment