9 February 2013

I miss vitamin D

So, I'm currently writing this post sat on the recliner grandpa chair, in my trackies, bath robe, wrapped in a sleeping bag, hot water bottle in lap and TOG 5 thermal socks on. I'm thinking to myself, why did I ever move here? It's too cold. Especially when you can't afford to have the heating on 24/7. Or maybe it's because I just had it too good in Spain? Either way the damp and the cold has been getting me down. It's scientifically proven that sun makes you happy- enter the very appropriately named illness SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), it's a form of depression most often associated to variations in exposure to sunlight.

Being the hypochondriac that I am, I was convinced I myself was suffering from SAD-ness. Solution? Sunbed. I went for 2 nine minute sessions and all was good in the world again. As much shit as sunbeds gets, if it makes you happy- do it. In moderation of course, I went twice during the space of a month and that was enough to pep me up.

Check me out last summer- nice and brown.

 Steph, me, Sas and Cydney

 Paloma, me, Danielle

 Me and Steph going for a stroll

DEAR SUN- I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR GLORIOUS RETURN 

No comments:

Post a Comment